Assignment Instructions: Global Conservation Case Study - Choose one of the 15 topics presented in the required reading for this week presented by Sutherland et al. (2017) as your Case Study topic. From a global perspective, why is the topic you have chosen important economically? What are the problems associated with exploiting these resources? What are the solutions? Find an example of a specific problem and answer the above questions, using the EVSP201 Case Study Template provided.
Your case study must show depth, detail, and reference to the text materials (use citations). You should also cite real-world examples. The case study should be at least 5 pages in length (including references), double-spaced using 12 point font. Include citations and references in accordance with APA guidelines.
Submission Instructions: The EVSP201 Case Study Instructions and EVSP201 Case Study Template are provided for your use. Please review the instructions document and use the template as the basis for your submission. Once you have completed your case study, please upload it as a Word document as an attachment for grading by the assignment deadline.
This course uses automatic plagiarism checking software, Turnitin (TII), which is embedded in the classroom. You may submit your work up to 3 times prior to the deadline to check your similarity. It takes roughly 15 minutes for the system to process your submission and show the score. The document in the assignment folder when the due date passes is your final work that will be graded.
1. Immediate Issue or Problem. (5 Points, 100 words)
2. Interrelated or Associated Issues. (10 Points, 200 words)
3. Issue Analysis. (20 Points, 300 words)
4. Solutions or Options. (30 Points, 300 words)
5. Recommendation and Implementation. (20 Points, 200 words)
6. Assessment. (10 Points, 100 words)
7. References. (5 Points)
Please review attachments for case study details and requirements.
**TEMPLATE FOR ASSIGNMENT IS ATTACHED**
EVSP201 CASE STUDY Instructions (100 Points; 5 Pages/Approx. 1200 Words)
1. Immediate Issue or Problem. Share the topic you chose for this case study. Describe the issue or problem and the challenges related to implementing or pursuing implementation of solutions. (5 Points, 100 words)
2. Interrelated or Associated Issues. Nothing is simple - explain other related issues or considerations when implementing or pursuing implementation of solutions to this problem. (10 Points, 200 words)
3. Issue Analysis. Summarize the most important pieces of information you learned about this issue. Identify which are facts, opinions, and assumptions. Analyze any financial information presented by the issue - this is an essential part of this assignment! State any long-term issues that might result from addressing this issue. (20 Points, 300 words)
4. Solutions or Options. This is the most important part! List the various options available to resolve the problem. Discuss each option and list the advantages (pros) and disadvantages (cons) of each option. (30 Points, 300 words)
This is the major part of your case study and demonstrates that you clearly understand the issue(s) and various possible outcomes. There are usually at least 3 good options in a case and often many more. Identify each option clearly and always show the pros and cons of each.
5. Recommendation and Implementation. Based on the analysis of the options, state what you would do to correct the problem (recommendation) and how you would do this (implementation). Your recommendation is usually a restatement of the best option. This is not the time to analyze new options. The implementation plan should list the steps and estimate a time frame for implementation (how long it will take to implement the recommended solution). (20 Points, 200 words)
6. Assessment. Identify the indicators you will use to determine if the implemented solution is effective. Some examples are what type of data will be collected, analysis of the budget (including Return on Investment/ROI), regularly scheduled reviews, etc. The approach you use will depend on the nature of the recommended solution. (10 Points, 100 words)
7. References. List all references used, including weblinks, in this section using APA format. (5 Points)