A. Within Sentinel City™ you will notice a camera icon. Use the camera to take pictures within the simulation. Use the "enter text" feature to add your observations to the pictures. Submit a PDF of your action report from Sentinel City™ that includes the following completed activities from Industrial Heights, Casper Park District, Acer Tech Center, and Nightingale Square:
• Interfaith Church
• Sentinel City School District
• Sentinel City Department of Transportation
• Better Health Clinic
• ABC Daycare
• Sentinel City Affordable Housing Project
• City Hall
• Radio Buzz 96.5FM
• Sentinel City Healthcare System
• Joe’s Grocery
• Sentinel City Department of Parks and Recreation
B. Complete a needs-assessment summary to determine the health needs and risks of the virtual community in Sentinel City™ by using each of the following tools:
Note: These tools can be found either in the web links section or as an attachment to this task.
• Demographics Assessment
• Neighborhood/Community Safety Inventory
• Windshield Survey
• Population Health Scavenger Hunt
Note: The name of each of the four tools should be identified in the needs-assessment summary, along with a brief summary of how each of the four tools were used in the needs assessment.
1. Analyze the collected data using concepts of epidemiology and health determinants.
Note: Refer to these three sections of your COS for additional information: Epidemiology and Environmental Health, Epidemiological Data, and Application of Epidemiology.
C. Formulate a community diagnosis for Sentinel City™ by doing the following:
1. Discuss the three problems for Sentinel City™ based on the Healthy People goals.
2. Discuss community resources (e.g., Sentinel City™ Affordable Housing Project, Better Health Clinic) that are available to address one of the problems identified in part C1.
3. Identify a primary prevention topic based on the problem you selected in part C2.
Note: See the attached “Approved Activities List” for guidance in formulating your topic.
D. Discuss how you will apply the assessment strategies you have learned from the simulation environment to your community assessment strategies in your community.
E. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
F. Demonstrate Professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.