“A picture is worth a thousand words” may be a lovely cliché, but it’s exactly the wrong way to view visualization. For this week's discussion question, please view the Periodic Table of Visualization at the following link (http://www.visual-literacy.org/periodic_table/periodic_table.html). Choose one Data Visualization and one Compound Visualization by placing your mouse cursor over each option. Provide your classmates with a brief description of your choices and explain why you made your choices. Also, describe what advantages do your choices have over the others.
Remember your initial post on the main topic should be posted by Thursday 11:59 PM (EST). Your 2 following posts should be commenting on your classmates’ post on different days by Sunday 11:59 PM (EST). You should end the week with 3 total discussion posts.
You must do the following:
1) Create a new thread to write your initial response to the discussion prompt.
2) Select AT LEAST 2 other students' threads and post substantive comments on those threads. Your comments should extend the conversation started with the thread.
3) Provide a thoughtful research-based response and include references to support your thoughts
4) Exclude attachments and cover page in your submission. Type your response in the message box. When responding to your peer, address your peer by name.
5) ALL original posts ( two to three paragraphs supported by resources) and comments must be substantive. (I'm looking for about a paragraph - not just "I agree.")
6) Paraphrase text from resources used and cite. If quoting text, use double-quotes and cite