MOD 4 CASE: SAMPLING
- 49, 34, and 48 students are selected from the Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes with 496, 348, and 481 students respectively. Identify which type of sampling is used and why
- The name of each contestant is written on a separate card, the cards are placed in a bag, and three names are picked from the bag. Identify which type of sampling is used and why
- An education expert is researching teaching methods and wishes to interview teachers from a particular school district. She randomly selects ten schools from the district and interviews all of the teachers at the selected schools. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
- A polling company obtains an alphabetical list of names of voters in a precinct. They select every 20th person from the list until a sample of 100 is obtained. They then call these 100 people. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
- The personnel manager at a company wants to investigate job satisfaction among the female employees. One evening after a meeting she talks to all 30 female employees who attended the meeting. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample? Explain.
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource to complete the attached assignement. Please cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
1. Ensure that you are able to draw the proper inferences about the population after the sample has been evaluated.
2. Ensure that the process of selecting and evaluating a sample.
Share Question on Social Media
Statistics Homework Help
Submitted by PROFSTAN on April 25th, 2016 11:07
Rated 13 times.
Answer bought 0 times.
Buy answer as Guest