"Race and Ethnicity in America: A Consice History" by Ronald Bayor
1. MLA Format.
2. 7 pages are the minimum.
3. Develop the content according to the rubric.
4. Choose a human group presented in the book and justify the choice.
5. Define terms such as race, ethnicity, and culture of the chosen group.
6. Chronologically expose the legal regulations applied.
7. Analyze the process of assimilation over time.
8. Explain the contributions of this human group in society as a whole.
9. Use at least 3 secondary sources.
10. Take a position according to the process of reception and establishment of this human group in the country.
Guidelines for Writing your Essay
Please use the following guidelines for writing your essays:
1. Essays should be typed in 12-point font. Please use a simple, clean font such as Times New Roman or Palatino. Use 1" inch margins on all sides. Refer to the individual assignment directions (in the Dropbox tool) to determine the minimum length for each essay. The length may vary for each assignment.
2. Essays are to be written following the rules of correct grammar and spelling, both of which will be taken into consideration in the evaluation of the essay. Be sure to proofread your essays as grammar and spell checks typically do not catch words used in incorrect contexts.
3. Essays must be original and analytical and must be careful to include wellthought-out responses to the questions posed in the assignment. Make sure to address ALL parts of the question.
· Introduction which does ALL of the following: states the purpose of the essay; frames the era by providing pertinent dates for the subject; provides a solid historical background moving from general statements about the subject to increasingly more specific ones; introduces the author of the document by providing some specific information important for better understanding why the author wrote what he or she did.
· A thesis which specifically explains how the primary and/or secondary sources (as directed by the instructor) reflects the issues and developments of the historical period when it was produced.
· A body of evidence, this is the main part of your essay and it is where you defend your thesis by referring to several major aspects of the primary and/or secondary sources, explaining how they reflect the concerns and issues of author in the context of the period when it was written. You rely on direct analysis of the primary and/or secondary source material to back up your assertions.
· A conclusive summary that briefly reiterates your main points, but more important, suggests how the primary and/or secondary source points to later historical developments. How might it be a bridge to a later time in Greek history--do not just jump to the present and make a superficial remark about how everyone was better.
4. You must cite your sources in text and provide a complete bibliography at the end. REMEMBER: Any information or idea that is not your own MUST BE CITED.
· You must give specific examples from the secondary and/or primary sources used in the development of the paper and must cite these sources following the MLA style, the University of Chicago Press's Chicago Manual of Style or Kate L. Turabian's A Manualfor Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations. Refer to the online resources Guide to the MLA Style or Turabian and Chicago Styles Citations . Your instructor will specify the preferred style. You should use footnotes or endnotes and provide a full bibliography at the end of your paper.
· If you use direct quotations, you must not only cite your source, but must also use quotation marks. Example: Columbus explains that the weapons of the natives he encountered in the islands of the Caribbean were unsophisticated, and that their javelin, a much-used weapon, was "no more than sticks" joined together.
Please include the text and bibliography in one paper--not separate documents.
HISTORY ESSAY RUBRIC
Levels correspond roughly to letter grades (4 = A, 1 = F)
Share Question on Social Media
Original, compitent and reliable
Contact for Quality Work
I am a highly decorated tutor who settles for nothing but the best .
PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTING TUTOR&PRACTITIONER
Best dev Alive...